Monday, January 29, 2018

Day 216 - Tools

Thoughts that have come from various quotes taken from the book, "Victor - Breaking Free From a Victim Based Society" by John H. Hovis. Click here to link directly to the audio file.

**********

"Victim thinking can be a very practical tool when one is constantly being victimized. But when times change and the abuse is gone, if we stay stuck in victim thinking the results of that thinking will spread to take over more and more of our lives to a point where it is totally destructive to ourselves and to those around us."

As quoted from the book "Victor - Breaking Free From a Victim-Based Society" by John H. Hovis Page 126.

Have you ever noticed how some of the most unhealthy things can actually be a valuable tool at times in our lives. I recently heard that medical scientists were using the HIV virus to deliver life changing cures to the very DNA of patients afflicted with a certain ailment. It was found that this horrible virus was actually extremely adept at attacking the exact part of the DNA needed to make a cure for this particular condition possible. By using the HIV virus, the patient is cured of one disease but is infected with another. The patient will now have to be treated for HIV for the remainder of their lives. Interesting thing is that this tradeoff is a no brainer. The impact of the original disease was so much more devastating than that of a manageable affliction like HIV.

What was once called God's plight on the homosexual community (HIV/AIDS) is now being used to save lives. God is so powerful and does things far outside our realm of understanding at times. Even the most horrific of evil can be a tool for good when in the hands of a loving God.

So it is with victim thinking. There are times in our lives when victim thinking can actually be a tool against some of the horrors life can toss at us. The self-focused aspect of victim thinking might make it possible for the most abused among us to be able to survive for one moment longer. The demanding ways of the victim thinker might bring to light some truths that need to be faced by those around them. Victim thinking, like HIV, isn't something to be arbitrarily messed with, but I have found that it can be a tool to bring about good in ways we might overlook if we aren't careful.

It is when times take a turn for the better that victim thinking can really be more of a hindrance than it can be a tool for change. As the circumstances that brought about the horrors that made victim thinking a useful tool change, the victim thinking tendencies that served the victim so well in the bad times might not be serving them as completely in the good. It is when we get stuck in victim thinking that the very tools of this process that carried us through bad times might make our good times something less than what they could be in our lives.

Victim thinking is really like any disease. When the HIV virus worms its way into our DNA, it changes our bodily systems. So it is with victim thinking. Staying in places that victim thinking can take us makes it possible for the very traits that once saved us turn the tables in ways that can work to destroy us. What was once a tool for good becomes a weapon for destruction when victim thinking is allowed to stay in the life of a victim who is facing different times in their lives.

That's why identity is so important of a concept for those of us trying to keep victim thinking at bay. Our identity is susceptible to outside forces worming their way into the very building blocks of who we are. Once in, those forces work to change how our identity might be used to carry us toward being a productive part of the world around us. Recognizing the symptoms of victim thinking is so important if we are to fight off the identity crushing effects that threaten the very fabric of our society today.

What are some of the symptoms of victim thinking? Here's a short list. Easily offended, bitterness, a demanding spirit, critical self talk, hopeless feelings about the future, feelings of worthiness, lacking in purpose, feeling constant rejection, preoccupation with coping mechanisms, and self-centered approach to life. These are but a few of the signs victim thinking might be a part of your life.

I don't know about you, but each and everyone of those symptoms ring somewhat true in my life, even today. That's the point! Everyone of us has been infected with victim thinking tendencies - and for good reason. This world can be a challenging place in which to live. That fact requires us to take steps for self preservation in ways that allow victim thinking to be a beneficial part of our lives at times.

You aren't stuck in victim thinking if any or all of the tendencies listed above are present in your life. You are, however, playing with victim thinking if you allow these tendencies to be what controls how you view your life. It is OK for me to recognize that I feel worthless. It is when I let the feeling of worthiness disqualify or disable me from being a part of what God has for my life that I allow victim thinking to take control in my in potentially destructive ways. See the difference there? 

Today's Bible reading is a prophecy regarding end times. It speaks of what some believe to be the rapture. I think this verse speaks directly to what we are talking about here with regards to letting victim thinking rule in our lives. The Bible says...

But let me tell you something wonderful, a mystery I’ll probably never fully understand. We’re not all going to die—but we are all going to be changed. You hear a blast to end all blasts from a trumpet, and in the time that you look up and blink your eyes—it’s over. On signal from that trumpet from heaven, the dead will be up and out of their graves, beyond the reach of death, never to die again. At the same moment and in the same way, we’ll all be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 (MSG)

Those last four words are such a powerful promise. It says, "we'll all be changed." When the clock on God's scoreboard finally reaches zero, each and everyone of us will be changed. The change we will make will be beyond anything we can really comprehend here on earth. That's the mystery Paul says he will never fully understand. That change will make any ability for us to even consider victim thinking something that will be gone. Revelations says that we will have no more pain when that time comes. That all tears will be gone when we are called home by that trumpet blast. Without the pain that causes tears, victimizing events that make victim thinking a possibility will be gone forever more.

Until that time, we have to be ever on the lookout for the symptoms of victim thinking. None of us are immune to the ravages this illness from the pit of hell can be brought into the victor's life. All we can do is recognize when we are moving in the direction of victim thinking and call out to God for help in changing direction as quickly as possible.

If you find that your day takes you to places where you are easily offended, bitter, posses a demanding spirit, partake in critical self talk, have hopeless feelings about the future, entertain feelings of worthiness, find you are lacking in purpose, believe you are feeling constant rejection, give in to a preoccupation with coping mechanisms or are applying a self-centered approach to life, maybe your victor status needs some bolstering. Take time to spend time with God. Let Him speak into you the hope that comes with who you are. As God's Child you have hope. Let the power of your God given identity be what it takes to slam the door on victim thinking in your life today.

17 comments:

  1. Dr itua herbal medicine is mighty and genuine,I use to use Mellisa oil and Lavender Healing herbs but result were just still the same.But using Doctor Itua herbal medicine cured my herpes final and I have being living for 3 years now No Sores.My herpes is truely gone.Contact him if you interested of his herbal medicine too Dr itua can as well cure the following....HIV...HERPES,,COPD..FIBROID..ASTHMA..DIABETES..SICKLE CELL...ALS..EPILEPSY,,HEPATTITIS...CANCER...LOVE SPELL ...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number On +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to dr.ezomo for his good work I never believe that ALS has cure, I was ALS over 3 year now before I came across a comment about how
      dr.ezomo cure ALS and herpes disease but when I saw it i have it in mind
      that he cant cure ALS I just decided to give it a try I contact him that
      night luckily to me he replied me, but I dont believe him I thought it was
      a scam but I still hold on to see the work of Dr ezomo if he is saying the
      truth he ask for some details about me i gave him all he needed and I
      waited to see his reply to my problem after all, he told me to go for check
      up and I went for HIV test I cant believe I was negative,am so happy and
      grateful to God for using Dr ezomo to cure me, that is the reason why i
      decided to write this wonderful testimony of our i was cured, i recommend
      Dr ezomo to you all around the world,contact him on his Email dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173
      dr.ezomo for helping me at this young age if you need help contact,
      He can also cure so many sickness

      Delete
    2. Thanks to dr.ezomo for his good work I never believe that ALS has cure, I was ALS over 3 year now before I came across a comment about how
      dr.ezomo cure ALS and herpes disease but when I saw it i have it in mind
      that he cant cure ALS I just decided to give it a try I contact him that
      night luckily to me he replied me, but I dont believe him I thought it was
      a scam but I still hold on to see the work of Dr ezomo if he is saying the
      truth he ask for some details about me i gave him all he needed and I
      waited to see his reply to my problem after all, he told me to go for check
      up and I went for HIV test I cant believe I was negative,am so happy and
      grateful to God for using Dr ezomo to cure me, that is the reason why i
      decided to write this wonderful testimony of our i was cured, i recommend
      Dr ezomo to you all around the world,contact him on his Email dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173
      dr.ezomo for helping me at this young age if you need help contact,
      He can also cure so many sickness

      Delete
    3. Hi, I am Patrice cythia, from Houston, Texas, USA. I was living with HPV(human papilloma virus) for almost 2 years, i was not myself, my body was always inching with pains until i was on the internet searching for a remedy. So luckily, i was reading testimonials of clients who was cured of herpes by the amazing spell caster named Dr idedia, an ancient spell doctor from West Africa.I contacted him by email, and within 15 minutes he got back to me and ask of my details which i provide to him, he consulted his oracle and told me the solution to my problem and how to go about it, i did is he told me and about the two days i got the cure which he prepared and send to me through DHL service, i took the cure as instructed by him getting to two days i was cured, my HPV(human papilloma virus) was cured up. All thanks to the superb healing herbs of Dr idedia.
      You too can get in contact with him today if you wanna be cured from HPV(human papilloma virus) you having by email: dr.idediatraditionalhealinghome@gmail.com or what'sap +2349074505296
      you can still get in touch with me to know more my cure, here is mine email patricecythia@gmail.com
      Thank you so much great one.. I will continue to testify of your goodness to the universe.

      Delete
  2. Hello everyone,My son once had the problem of HIV/AID which affected his Education for years,i gave him different medication but there was no solution,i search the net and i found the contact of a doctor,who help me with his product on curing HIV/AIDS, CANCER< HERPES, HEP B, DIABITIES, GERNITAL WARTS, HPV, EPILEPSY problem and other deadly diseases,he also assured me that it is a permanent cure,my son took the medication for just 1 weeks and he was back to normal. for two years now he has been doing fine.I give all thanks to Dr Bello for helping me out of such problem now am the happiest person on earth for seeing my son doing better again.you can also contact him on bellospelltemple@gmail.com, you can also call or whatsapp on +2348147271779 and get your cure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings to the general public, i want to tell about how i was cured of HERPES disease by a Doctor called DR.EHIMAREI was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Doctor EHIMARE cured them. I Was scared because i never believed in the Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of been cured of HERPES so i decided to contact him with his email that was listed on the comment (DR.EHIMAREHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM) Or call him +2348109792351 when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. I pray for you DR.EHIMARE God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and grate man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem Email: DR.EHIMAREHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM or whatsApp him on this number +2348109792351
    1. HERPES

    2. ALS CURE

    3. HEPATITIS B

    4. HIV/AIDS CURE

    5. HPV CURE

    DR.EHIMAREHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP HIM ON THIS NUMBER +2348109792351

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful to Dr. Bernd for curing me off my HIV virus. I was diagnosed with HIV in 2014 and i was dying slowly every day and gradually losing hope of life by the day, I had took a lot of drugs to cure it but all to no help my doctor gave up on me and as i was dying. I did not loose hope, i sought the Internet and i read a lot of testimonies about Dr.Bernd and his herbs i took a bold step and made contact with him via email: dr.kholwaherlbalhome@gmail.com and he prepared and delivered some medical Herbs i started treatment in MID 2015 and i had a test on the HIV and i was Cured totally within 3 weeks of useing the meds i am so ecstatic at this moment. i am so grateful to you Dr Bernd. You can also reach him via Cell Phone: +27781598533. He will also help you cure all other disease like CANCER, DIABETES HPV ETC..God Bless You Dr.Bernd.

    Regards
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is an honour and my delightful moment to testify about a great man who cure my wife fibroid which she had been suffering from since 6 years,i have tried all the possible means to cure my wife fibroid,moving from one hospital to another but all the effort was not successful,we almost spent all our money still no hope,i was very confused and frustrated and at a point of giving up untill a friend of recommend me to a great herbal doctor who also cure his wife fibroid his name his dr oriane ,i contact him and he advice me and recommend his medication to me which i bought and my wife started using the medication and within 21 days the fibroid was gone,my wife was able to be pregnant and today we are happy with our 2 kids and we forever thanking dr oriane for his signs and wonder he has done in our life..you can contact him via his email at droriane6@gmail.com or add on whatsapp +2349031652461

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone.I will love to tell every body how my HPV status changed to negative,all thanks to Doctor muthuka, and am now a living witness of it and i think its a shame on me if i don’t share this lovely story with other people infected with this deadly virus,HPV has been ongoing in my family… i lost my husband to HPV, left with me my only daughter, and it is so much pain i have not been able to get over. One day a friend introduced me to a native medical practitioner in Africa. i had a job there to execute so i took time to check out on him.i showed him all my test results. i was already diagnosed with HPV and it was already taking its tone on me. i had spent thousands of dollars so i decided to try him.I was on his dosage for 3 weeks, although i didn’t believe in it, i was just trying it out of frustration, and after 2 weeks, i went for new test and you wont believe that 5 different doctors confirmed it that am negative..it was like a dream, i never believe it has cure..am now negative..i don’t know how to thank this man, i just want to help others in any way i can..have joined many forums and have posted this testimonies and a lot of people has mailed and called this man on phone and after 2 months they all confirmed negative.there’s a native cure for HPV and all with the help of this man,about 49 people have been confirmed negative through me,and they sent mails to thank me after they have been confirmed negative,,this man is real..don’t miss this chance,,HPV is a deadly virus,,get rid of it now. please Email this Good and God sent Man on,muthukaherbalhome@gmail.com you can add him on whats-app and also call him on his call phone +2347036143964

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com‎ or whatsapp him +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can’t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS patient in the world i never believed that their could be any complete cure for Herpes or any cure for herpes,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites of how dr Ero prepare herbal medicine that cure and brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the pills the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any pain,delay in treatment leads to death. Here is his email:(dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com) whatsapp him with +2348073673757 or text/call me (270) 693-5854....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im Jaydene Austin from Ohio, i was diagnosed with Herpes (hsv-2) for 6 years i have bought lots of medications tried most of all the Doctors, i went online searching for any means of possible cure,so i came across Standard Herbs Home and contacted them, they told me all i needed is to purchase their herbal medicine, i was desperate and decided to give a try, i purchased the herbal medicine and i used it for 3 weeks now i am totally cured of Herpes (hsv-1), thanks to Standard Herbs Home, God bless your good work for dying people, God bless.

    ReplyDelete

  11. ODUGU HERBAL HEALING HOME is where you can get your healing from every diseases or infections. He specializes in the curing and healing of CANCER, DIABETES HPV, HIV. Email oduguspellcaster@gmail.com or call : +2348089135704

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting read. I've suffered with herpes ever since I was a child but it's only been the last few years I discovered that I have genital herpes. So I started looking for a way to get cure permanently from this deadly virus I visited so many hospitals in search for a solution but it never worked out.so I started searching for cure to my herpes virus.

    Few month ago I came across a site where a lady was sharing a testimony about Dr IJAHO about how he cured herpes and all kinds of diseases with is natural herbs so I decided to give it a try so I email the Dr he told me how I was going to get the herbs so I did as he instructed few days later I received the herbs and I started taking the herbs as instructed by the Dr.

    I was shocked two weeks after when my doctor told me that I was free from herpes so I decided to let the world know how I was cured from herpes by Dr IJAHO. you can reach him through his email: drijahosolutioncenter@gmail.com if you also want cure for your herpes or any of the disease listed below because the Dr says he also as cure for them.

    CANCER

    HEART FAILURE

    DAIBETES

    HPV

    EX BACK

    LOTTERY LUCKY NUMBER

    GENITAL WARTS





    His email:drijahosolutioncenter@gmail.com

    His whatsap number: +2348103601042

    ReplyDelete
  14. All thanks to Dr Ogudugu just contacted this man after my husband of about 4years left me and to my surprise it took this man just 3days to bring him back to Dr Ogudugu his the best spell caster around to solve any problem for you.
    {1} HIV/AIDS
    {2CANCER
    {3}HERPES
    {4}DIABETES
    (5}HERPERTITIS B

    Email: GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM
    Call/WhatsApp:+27663492930

    ReplyDelete

Day 365 - The Year of the Victor

Click here to link directly to the audio file. ********** 365 days done. What an amazing journey this year has been producing this podca...