Saturday, September 16, 2017

Day 80 - Key To The Doorway

Thoughts that have come from various quotes taken from the book, "Victor - Breaking Free From a Victim Based Society" by John H. Hovis. Click here to link directly to the audio file.

**********

"Identity is the door to destiny. Perspective is the key to that door."

As quoted from the book “Victor - Breaking Free From a Victim-Based Society” by John H. Hovis Page 198.

We talked yesterday about identity being the doorway to destiny. If identity is the doorway, perspective is the key. 

So many of us has tried for all we are worth to get through the doorway of destiny though our identity. Unfortunately we have found that door to be locked. We have been sold a lie that says we are the key to opening the doorway of identity that leads to our destiny. We have tried to life up to this lie by doing all we can to find out and/or establish who we are. 

I'm literally exhausted thinking about how I have lived those last two statements so fully all my life. Sure, the pursuit of identity has taken me to some very interesting and profitable places. But has any of those results make me feel any closer to my destiny? Absolutely not! 

That's why I have gone through long periods of time letting victim thinking control my life. The enormity of the disappointment in my life over not being able to get the doorway of identity to fully open so that I can grab on to my destiny has literally come close to killing me. That kind of disappointment experienced over and over again is just about too much for any person to handle. 

Take a look at this beautiful and powerful Bible verse with me now. 

I see what you’ve done. Now see what I’ve done. I’ve opened a door before you that no one can slam shut. You don’t have much strength, I know that; you used what you had to keep my Word. You didn’t deny me when times were rough. Revelation 3:8 (MSG)

God has watched as we have spent our lives doing in order to be when it comes to our destiny. Isn't it time that we watch what He is doing? He has opened the door before us. I believe that is our identity as His Child that makes us a victor. No one can shut that door - not satan, not even our own efforts. We are who He says we are and that's final.

Now is the time to live out that destiny. We have come before the doorway of identity that leads to our destiny. We have found that doorway locked but God gave the key. The key to the doorway to destiny is perspective - God's perspective. The very fact that we have worked to keep God's word - that we have refused to deny Him - has unlocked the doorway of our identity to our destiny. Now it's time to pass through.

This doesn't mean that you have to stop doing what you are doing now. Your job, your family, your hobbies, your challenges - they all play a role in how our identities are making it possible for our destiny to be achieved. All God asks is that we take Him along with us on the journey of letting identity - His identity for us be all it can be to make His destiny happen in our lives.

As you go about your normal day, I suggest that you think about how your identity as God's Child makes it possible for you to bring God into your activities. It's not like He isn't already there - He is. It is more like He wants you to notice His presence and watch as His power multiplies your efforts as you let your identity fuel the progress you make towards the amazing destiny He has spoken into existence in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 365 - The Year of the Victor

Click here to link directly to the audio file. ********** 365 days done. What an amazing journey this year has been producing this podca...